The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) nutrition program provides nutrition and health education, healthy food, and other services free of charge to qualifying Massachusetts families. It aims to help pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under the age of five stay healthy.
Call 1(800) WIC-1007 or a Tapestry Health Springfield North WIC office to schedule an appointment in your community. Walk-ins are always welcome.
- Personalized nutrition consultations
- Checks to buy free, healthy food
- Tips for eating well to improve health
- Breastfeeding classes and one-on-one breastfeeding support
- Immunization screening and referrals
- Farmers' market coupons for fresh fruits and vegetables during the growing season (June/July to October)
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing and fuel assistance, and more
Listen to our radio ad in Spanish!
WIC serves all kinds of families: married and single parents, employed or unemployed. If you are a mother, father, grandparent, foster parent, or other legal guardian of a child, you can apply for WIC for your child. You are automatically income eligible for WIC if you are currently receiving TAFDC, food stamps, or MassHealth (note: MassHealth members with Family Assistance or CommonHealth coverage are not automatically income eligible). Foster children under the age of five are also automatically eligible for WIC.
WIC welcomes men! WIC recognizes the important role that fathers, grandparents, stepparents, and other legal guardians play in caring for children. Fathers and other caregivers are encouraged to enroll and bring their children to appointments, attend nutrition and health workshops, and use WIC checks in grocery stores.